Internships @ Intertel
Intertel’s Internship program offers a select few successful applicants the opportunity to gain on-the-job experience working on some of the most interesting projects in the industry. Interns will challenged to discover their true potential while under the mentorship of experienced staffers. Although an internship does not lead automatically to employment with Intertel, we would love to offer employment or a bursary to interns that we believe will achieve personal and professional success at Intertel while adding value to our business and diversity to our team.
Intertel runs three Internship programs a year that will accept a maximum of 10 interns per intake The programs consist of two six month internships for undergrads and a one year program with IntertelLabs for postgraduate candidates. All programs have the same purpose – to provide interns with hands-on training, work experience and opportunities that will develop their professional skills and test their character. It also provides interns that wish to enter into a career in our fields with an opportunity to learn more about our work, our people and the industry in which we operate. The purpose of our Internship Program is to provide suitably qualified but inexperienced individuals with an opportunity to kickstart their career. Interns will leave with marketable skills that will set them apart from others in job interviews. Not only will they possess theoretical knowledge, but they will able to demonstrate their ability to apply that knowledge effectively to real-world scenarios.
Interns will be involved in activities and tasks that:
- Test and expand their problem solving, analytical, research and organizational skills
- Expose them to industry best practises and Intertel’s standards, policies and procedures
- Foster a sense of corporate responsibility through active participation in community projects
- Facilitate the building of professional relationships with our team and our partners in the industry
- Provide interns with ongoing and invaluable real-world experience in their field of study
As an Intern, what jobs would I be doing?
All Interns go through our bootcamp which is a team-building exercise that is both an ice-breaker and an opportunity to get to know one another. After that, you will spend a few weeks working in each of our major business areas, including investigations, intelligence, surveillance, forensics and security. During that time, you would receive basic practical training (where necessary) and would actively participate in a variety of projects and business activities under the supervision of full-time staff. After at least 3 months, you will be able to choose a preferred business area in which you wish to work for the remainder of your internship. During this period you will learn more advanced skills and will be exposed to more complex challenges. In addition to your day-to-day role, you’ll have the opportunity to mix with staff, participate in our in-house sporting events and socials and will be encouraged to get involved in projects and events both work-related and community-related that will give you the edge in your quest to build a successful career.
We invite you to apply if you are…
- an energetic, self-reliant and resourceful person with good communication skills who has initiative, perseverance, confidence, and a high ethical standard
- someone who possesses a genuine passion and curiosity about the work we do and is looking to build a career in a field of expertise related to Intertel business.
- qualified in a relevant field (e.g. forensics or investigations), a related field (e.g. criminology or psychology) or a business field (e.g. marketing or finance).
|Internship||Start Date||End Date||Final Application Date|
|6 Month Internship||Jan 5, 2015||June 8, 2015||Applications closed|
|6 Month Internship||June 29, 2015||Dec 15, 2015||Applications closed|
|12 Month Internship||Jan 5, 2015||Dec 22, 2015||Applications closed|
|6 Month Internship||Jan 4, 2016||Jun 8, 2016||Applications close on Oct 15, 2015|
|6 Month Internship||June 29, 2016||Dec 19, 2016||Applications close on Oct 30, 2015|
|12 Month Internship||Jan 4, 2016||Dec 20, 2016||Applications close on Nov 15, 2015|